CS Colloquium this week

Sharon Gould seg5 at calvin.edu
Tue Oct 8 08:37:40 EDT 2013

Brian Tol will be presenting the colloquium this week.  He is Director of Product Research and Development at Epic.

Title:  Computer Science in Agencies and Nonprofits: Is It For You?

Abstract:  Marc Andreessen likes to say that "software is eating the world." I.e., that software is transforming the fabric of our society and how we get business done. You can see this transformation in devices like the iPhone, search tools like Google, and social utilities like LinkedIn and Facebook. But this is also true in small business and even nonprofits. This talk will explore how a Calvin degree in CS or IT can help you make a huge impact in these seemly small places, while acquiring awesome career experience you'd never get in a large company.

As usual, we will meet in SB 110, on Thursday, October 10, 3:20 p.m.