Fwd: Announcing: Pearson Student Coding Contest

Joel Adams adams at calvin.edu
Mon Sep 23 08:06:12 EDT 2013

Begin forwarded message:

From: "gregory.smith2 at pearson.com<mailto:gregory.smith2 at pearson.com>" <gregory.smith2 at pearson.com<mailto:gregory.smith2 at pearson.com>>
Date: September 22, 2013 10:16:56 PM EDT
To: <adams at calvin.edu<mailto:adams at calvin.edu>>
Subject: Announcing: Pearson Student Coding Contest

[http://responsys.hs.llnwd.net/i2/responsysimages/phd/HigherEd_CC/CS_YA_coding_contest_instructor_Sept9/alwayscodingemail.GIF]<http://pearsoned.rsys2.net/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlTQGttzdLLYzcUR17HgbORjIT7ER0b1tBSzd8zggYzbzbEnVXtpKX%3DSSARBAYC&_ei_=EolaGGF4SNMvxFF7KucKuWOTxq1kBMO96eI0UY6_GLASIDdW3tVN_I0LKrIG.>

Dear Professor Adams,

Pearson is excited to announce our first ever Pearson Student Coding Contest. The Contest is open to undergraduate students in the United States and is designed to reward contestants who develop relevant, innovative, creative, and original apps that integrate with Pearson APIs.

Contest Details
Students will submit their Idea Proposal from September 3 - September 30. Contestants will be notified by October 8 if their Idea Proposal has been accepted. Contestants with approved Idea Proposals have from October 8 - November 30 to develop and submit their Entry.

Prizes

[http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4413/uvu5.jpg]

We're also offering:

3 internship positions for summer 2014 at eCollege in Denver.

An opportunity to interview for the Pearson Leadership Development Program—a highly selective program that Pearson uses to recruit the most talented college grads.

Resources
Use the following resources to notify your students about this amazing opportunity!

  *   Full Contest details are available online: www.pearsonstudents.com/codingcontest<http://pearsoned.rsys2.net/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlTQGttzdLLYzcUR17HgbORjIT7ER0b1tBSzd8zggYzbzbEnVXtpKX%3DSSARBAYC&_ei_=EolaGGF4SNMvxFF7KucKuWOTxq1kBMO96eI0UY6_GLASIDdW3tVN_I0LKrIG.>
  *   Download a PowerPoint slide or flyer to use during class.<http://pearsoned.rsys2.net/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlTQGttzdLLYzcUR17HgbORjIT7ER0b1tBSzd8zggYzbzbEnVXtpKX%3DSSARBAYD&_ei_=EolaGGF4SNMvxFF7KucKuWOTxq1kBMO96eI0UY6_GLASIDdW3tVN_I0LKrIG.> Feel free to print and distribute, or post on your course website.
  *   If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

We hope that you encourage your students to participate in the Contest.

---

Best,
Greg

Gregory O. Smith, PhD