A Day in the Life of a Hardware Startup

Sharon Gould seg5 at calvin.edu
Wed Oct 1 15:02:45 EDT 2014

You are invited to attend the computer science colloquium, Thursday, October 2, at 3:30 p.m., in SB 010.  The guest will be Paul VanderLei, co-founder of Bad Elf.

Title:  A Day in the Life of a Hardware Startup

Abstract:  In this talk, I'll describe what a typical day in a hardware startup looks like, and present a high-level view of what it takes to bring a new hardware product to market. I'll also provide some background on what it was like for our team to transition from delivering software services to building consumer electronics, with many lessons learned along the way. There are some obvious and not-so-obvious pros and cons to building software vs. hardware widgets.

We hope to see you there.