UNIX Milestone! Happy 1.5 Billion

Abstraction Club abstraction at calvin.edu
Thu Jul 13 08:28:01 EDT 2017

Hello Abstraction Members!

We're about halfway through the summer, and we wanted to break radio
silence to let you know about a big Milestone, happening tomorrow morning.

UNIX Time is a number used by most *nix (UNIX/Linux/BSD/other) systems to
calculate the current time and date. It does this by generating a number
that represents the amount of time, in seconds, that has passed since the
Unix epoch of January 1, 1970.

<https://www.epochconverter.com/countdown>
At 10:40AM EST Friday, the number of seconds will reach 1,500,000,000
<https://www.epochconverter.com/countdown>.

Don't forget to attend your local epoch party
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time#Notable_events_in_Unix_time>.

Thank you for your attention. Back to our regularly scheduled content.
--
[Club Website] <http://abs.calvin.edu/>
[Subreddit] <https://abstraction.reddit.com/>

A B S T R A C T I O N