Club Updates! (10/3) - Hackathons, Learning VMs, and More!

Abstraction Club abstraction at calvin.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:17:55 EDT 2018

Good Morning All!

I have some brief updates for all you computing enthusiasts out there:

First, we have our first event with the CIT security team this *Friday, at
3:30 PM* in SB 382. Bring a laptop and learn how to configure a hypervisor
environment! Don't know what a hypervisor is? Come anyway, we would love to
teach you all about it!

Second, This advising break (October 23-34) we will have an ongoing open
"hackathon" for our website <http://abs.calvin.edu>. We plan to move from
our apache server to nginx. Again, if you aren't sure about those, come and
learn. More details will be shared closer to the event.

Finally, thanks to all of you who came to our first LAN party, it was a
blast! We still have the minecraft server up and running at
gallifrey.calvin.edu (check it out in your browser as well!). Jordan, our
Game Admin, is planning on hosting a *halloween* LAN; featuring your
favorite scary/horror games!

That's all for now, Thanks and see you soon!

Quentin Baker
President
--
[Club Website] <http://abs.calvin.edu/>
[Subreddit] <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__abstraction.reddit.com_&d=DwIBaQ&c=4rZ6NPIETe-LE5i2KBR4rw&r=RETd07_84AAWNHy3_XnGfu607BBOainWRNg8YFxnWIU&m=IAJDxErcWXvC219rf5bUvSWVxww13W4cSJvw8BrRReU&s=Au0hOFfAyoOaAmvZ9CiqeaHqd-qZoZuTHKTbzCpjvas&e=>

A B S T R A C T I O N