Abstraction Events: CCDI Password Cracking and LAN Party

Elizabeth Koning erk24 at students.calvin.edu
Thu Apr 25 10:18:28 EDT 2019

Hello Abstraction!

In the next couple weeks we have two events:

LAN Party
April 27 at 6:30pm in the Gold Lab
There will be a LAN party in the Gold Lab (SB 352) this Saturday, starting at 6:30 and lasting all night. We’ll have Minecraft, Smash Ultimate, and pizza! Other games are welcome as well, just stop by and see if anyone’s interested.

CCDI Event: Password Cracking
May 2 at 6-8pm in the CIT offices
In order to have resources for everyone to participate, sign up here by Monday: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forms.gle_2Zho2nENSKdUdjMg9&d=DwIF-g&c=4rZ6NPIETe-LE5i2KBR4rw&r=RETd07_84AAWNHy3_XnGfu607BBOainWRNg8YFxnWIU&m=EAuGMytL8b_Q0kWg6uMQ49F0vgitJZyTAaMg0pdavzE&s=Pi4IkPzjNIcfsqIsAJs9ax2xIqYNRGRUyXxMAsFkgKQ&e=
Please join the infosec team on Thursday, May 2nd from 6-8pm for the next CCDI workshop. We will be testing a new online platform and based on your feedback will potentially use it in future events to augment the cyber range. If you are interested please sign up by Monday, April 29th so I can reserve enough online pods in time for the event.
We will meet in the CIT offices and snacks will be provided. All participants need to bring a laptop to access the online lab. For those who are interested there will be an optional challenge and prizes to whomever can complete the workshop first!
Scenario: "We have reason to believe that some of our employees have weaker than should be acceptable passwords, so we want you to conduct authorized penetration testing against various company assets to determine which employees need to change their passwords."

See you there!
Elizabeth Koning
President of Abstraction